IT Announcement - 2/26/2016
Sunday Maintenance Reminder
Every Sunday from 12am until 12pm all Systems (e-mail, Banner, wireless, etc.) will be intermittently unavailable while important maintenance and updates are performed.
Weekly Maintenance – Reminder
Please log off your computer when leaving for the day every Thursday, but do not power it off. This will allow updates to be sent down to your computer on Friday after 12:00am. If you turn your computer off and leave it off overnight on Thursday, shortly after turning it back on, your computer will restart in order to install and apply any updates. If you leave your computer logged in Thursday night into Friday, you may lose any unsaved data you were working on when the computer restarts.
OUCH! - Monthly Security Awareness Newsletter
Courtesy of www.sans.org,
Click hereto view this month’s newsletter.
Why Save To Your Personal Netshare?
Protect your data by making sure to save to your personal netshare, commonly known as your “M drive” or other network shares. The benefits are 1) it is accessible from both on and off campus, 2) it is backed up and 3) we can verify whether or not data has been compromised on netshares in the event your computer is infected with a virus. Laptop users: you are encouraged to use your M drive as the primary location for your data. If you need to work on files off campus and have no access to a wireless network, make a local copy on your laptop. For more information click on the following links:
- Bb Learn and Midterm Grades -Have you considered using the grade center to configure a midterm grade for your students? Register for a training session to learn how!
- Spring Break is just around the corner - March 21–27! The IDTRC will be offering Blackboard Learn and MS Office 365/Office 2013 workshops all week long. Please sign up today for one or more our workshops
- Want to know more about Office 365/Microsoft Office 2013? We have basic and intermediate workshops scheduled to help you enhance your current skills on the Office family of products. Please sign-up today to attend a workshop!
- New to Office 365 and/or Microsoft Office 2013? Here is the direct link to the IT Office 365 support page.
Outlook Tip! Understanding the Clutter Feature
The new Clutter feature of Office 365 hosted email moves low priority messages out of your Inbox. The Clutter feature analyzes your email habits, and based on past behavior, it determines the message that you're most likely to ignore and moves them to a special folder named Clutter, where you can review them later. If Clutter wrongly identifies an item, simply move it back to your Inbox folder to teach it not to mark that type of item as Clutter in the future.
You may disable the "Clutter" feature at any time via Outlook Web Mail:
- Log in to Office 365 at http://office.ccsu.edu using your CCSU email address and current BlueNet password.
- Click on Settings (the gear icon in the upper-right corner)/Options/Mail/Automatic processing/Clutter.
- Uncheck "Separate items identified as Clutter" and click on Save.
Click here for more information regarding the "Clutter" feature.