The goal of Advancement Services at Central Connecticut State University is to gather, organize, manage, share and safeguard information to help guide the university's fundraising mission. Advancement Services works daily to help CCSU progress from excellent to exceptional.
Advancement Services duties include
Collect, update and maintain all alumni, friend, parent, corporation, foundation and donor biographical information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, social media links and business information)
- Process all philanthropic gifts (including gifts of cash, credit cards, securities and gifts-in-kind)
- Produce and disseminate receipts and acknowledgements for donors in a timely manner
- Maintain The Raiser's Edge™ database and supporting software
- Maintain all gift/pledge financial records
- Identify prospect interests, willingness and capacity to give
- Administer the corporate matching gifts program
- Perform giving trend analysis
- Provide statistical, demographic and financial reports to authorized departments and individuals
- Produce endowment reports describing the performance of endowed funds
- Produce annual Honor Roll of Donors
- Prepare and disseminate fund-specific reports annually for donors who have endowed funds with CCSU Foundation, Inc.
- Provide technical support for staff
Advancement Services is committed to:
Protecting fundamental rights to privacy and confidentiality for all constituents
- Adhering to all relevant data entry standards
- Ethical collection, use, maintenance and dissemination of information.
- Employing technical solutions to ensure integrity/accuracy in data entry, gift/pledge processing and fund management
- Providing the essential infrastructure to keep biographical information and donation histories secure
- Following the data handling guidelines of the IRS, CASE (Council for the Advancement & Support of Education) and university policies and directives