Graduate Student Association Funding for Conference/ Research Scholarships and Graduate Society Budgets
The Graduate Student Association provides scholarships to Graduate students who want to attend professional conferences or complete research. The purposes of these scholarships are to help subsidize the cost of the professional development or research done by graduate students in support of their education. Graduate Societies may also apply for funds from the GSA.
All Scholarship Applications or Society Budget Requests can be submitted through the link below to Jotform.
Graduate Student Conference/Research Scholarship Requests
In order to receive a scholarship from the GSA, you must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be matriculated in a Graduate program.
The below application will require you to submit an unofficial transcript to confirm your GPA. All personal information will remain confidential with the Graduate Student Association Vice President of Finance.
You are allowed one scholarship per academic year either to attend a conference or conduct research
The GSA looks to fund those scholarships that benefit graduate students in their program of study and the campus as a whole.
- You may apply regardless of whether or not you have previously received funding, however preference will be given to students who have not previously received an award (the purpose of this is to give each graduate student an opportunity to receive funding at least one time in their graduate career)
- You must be able to present documentation of expenses (these expenses may be actual or estimated) at any time, failure to comply will result in your application being denied
APPLYING FOR A CONFERENCE/RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
- Please complete the form in its entirety and attach additional required documents (i.e. travel, lodging, registration etc.; not presenting these documents is not an option and may lead to automatic removal of your application)
- Considerations will be limited to applications for conferences at future dates unless the conference date was between July 1 and the fall application deadline .
- Be sure to include contact information, including an email address or phone number for any questions that may arise during the review of your application
- If you have any additional documentation (such as awards, recommendations, published work/achievement, news article, project, etc. ) make sure to add it to your application. Don’t be shy - show it off!
- Once approved the GSA will cover the expenses listed on the application :
- Hotel, transportation, and registration
- Students may apply as many times as they want. A student who received funds in the past can still apply but first-time applicants who have not been funded will be preferred.
- You must submit the required documentations; applications submitted without documentations will be considered incomplete and will automatically not be approved for the scholarship.
SCHOLARSHIP APPROVAL PROCESS
Upon review of your application by the GSA Board, your application will be reviewed by the CCSU Scholarship Committee. The President or Vice President of Finance will contact you via email to discuss the approval status of your application within a week of the CCSU Scholarship Committee meeting.
Please allow at least 45 days from submission of the application for approval.
Please see the table below upon which you will be graded for the content of your application and how you present yourself as a graduate student in the letter.
NOTE: If you are a student who utilizes direct deposit for your return of excess funds via the Bursar’s Office, your funds will be posted directly to your bank account. Upon approval a check will be made out to you.
Please expect payment no later than 11/20/2019
Upon completion of your conference/research – please tell us all about it! The GSA would like to know what you gained from this experience and if our contribution to you was beneficial. This post research/conference letter to the GSA will help the GSA gain feedback.
*If you have any questions or concerns, please consult the GSA constitution
http://www.ccsu.edu/gsa/constitution.html or contact an executive board member.
The GSA reviews scholarship applications during the fall and spring semesters. These deadlines correspond with the university’s scholarship distribution process. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be accepted, and documentations must be submitted by the due date below.
o Fall: October 4th , 2019
o Spring: January 24th, 2019
**We accept ONLY online applications through JotForm **
Graduate Student Society Budget Requests
APPLYING FOR A SOCIETY BUDGET
- Please complete the form in its entirety and attach any additional documents (required *) which would offer more information to your budget application.
- Be sure to include contact information, including email addresses or phone numbers for any questions that may arise during the review of your budget application.
- The Society budget request should not exceed $1,500.00.
- NOTE: Submit the budget application form by October 4th, 2019. Societies that are unable to meet the deadline, or that form later in the academic year will have the opportunity to submit a budget for the spring semester deadline January 24th, 2019 . Societies will only be permitted to submit one budget per academic year
SOCIETY BUDGET APPROVAL PROCESS
Upon submission of the budget request, the GSA Executive Board will review and vote on the application. The Executive Board will reach out to the Society if there are any questions or concerns.
The Vice President of Finance will reach out to the Society to inform them of their request status.
Please allow at least 45 days from submission of application for approval