M.S. in Teacher Leadership
A dynamic hybrid/Online Master's Program for Early-Career Educators
At the heart of our program...
The Master's Degree in Teacher Leadership
is a 30-credit program designed to prepare educational leaders who are capable of implementing innovative instructional approaches and enhancing the effectiveness of their organizations. The program is primarily focused on PK-12 settings. It can also apply to a diversity of other private and non-profit sector organizations.
Graduates of the program are expected to be able to:
Develop and facilitate learning environments and programs that are responsive to personal, cultural, linguistic, and learning differences.
- Design, implement, and evaluate instructional programs to promote student learning.
- Design, implement, and evaluate professional development activities that promote teacher learning.
- Use cutting-edge research and evidence-based decision-making to improve student learning.
- Demonstrate growth in professional self-knowledge by engaging in reflective practice.
- Apply social, cultural, political, and historical perspectives to critically analyze and assess policy and school practices.
- Understand, interpret, critique, and apply educational research.
Program Eligibility Qualifications
Hold, or be eligible for, a valid teaching certificate. Equivalent experience can be considered for placement in these strands.
Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or its equivalent, and good standing (3.00 GPA) in all post-baccalaureate coursework.
Master's in Teacher Leadership Core Concepts
- Responding to Diversity
- Restorative Practices in the Classroom & Community
- Focus on Diversity in Education
- Research & Collaboration
- Research Methods
- Collaboration and Professional Development
- Digging Deeper
- Philosophies of Education
- Leading & Coaching
- Instructional Coaching
- Teacher Leadership
- Going Forward & Beyond
- Teacher Leadership
- Planning for Individual & Systemic Change
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Questions? Contact the MS Teacher Leadership Program Coordinator, Jacob Werblow, Ph.D. email@example.com or 860.832.2474
Apply at: www.ccsu.edu/apply