Board of Advisors
The CCSU Center for Teaching and Faculty Development (CTFD) helps faculty achieve
their full potential as teachers and scholars so that they can effectively and creatively
support student learning.
To realize this mission, CTFD will:
- Provide programming that broadens faculty pedagogical exploration and reflection.
- Design, promote, and host activities so both full-time and part-time faculty may form professional and collaborative connections across the university and with the larger state community.
- Support ongoing efforts, either in campus-wide committees, in departments, or within specific courses, to enhance student performance and service.
- Post faculty news on a monthly basis and serve as a clearinghouse for information on successful teaching strategies, and provide a forum for conversations that promote innovation, intellectual vitality, and ongoing growth and development for faculty and students.
- Advocate for including ongoing instructional improvement and the study of pedagogical practices as an expectation for all faculty and a factor of significant weight in the Promotion and Tenure process.