Elihu Burritt Library Updates
Even though patrons have returned library materials to the drop box in back of the library, they are still considered “checked out” to the individuals until such time as library staff can access the building.
- We are not able to clear materials off of library records until library staff returns to campus. This applies to all materials from CCSU, as well as materials from our sister institutions in the CSCU and interlibrary loan materials.
- In the next week, global renewals for the materials due after March 1 will be pushed forward to September 1 for all CCSU materials.
- Everyone with books checked out should expect to see an email about this renewal. If you don’t receive a renewal by June 1, contact us and we will look into it.
- IF an item has been billed for replacement prior to March 12 and was returned to the
drop box, the bill will remain on until such time as library staff can have access
to the building.
- This should not impact registering or graduating, though it might impact transcripts.
- We are renewing the materials closer to our opening date to keep overdue fines to a minimum. Old fines from billed materials prior to March 1 will not be waived.
- Consortia loans: Materials from our sister universities and community colleges will be renewed by the lending library. These loans do not incur overdue fines. If you need us to ask for a renewal, email us.
- Interlibrary Loan materials ordered through ILLiad: We will have to contact the lending library. We are not always receiving answers, because the other library is closed and has no mechanism to answer the request. Overdue fines will be waived, even if we never receive an answer from the lending library. Questions or need a renewal? Email us.