Registration Opens: May 1
Access to registration is open only to confirmed students so a delay in confirming your intention to attend CCSU may delay access to registration.
Registration Closes: June 22 Space may be limited so register early!
Orientation/Advising Days: Be sure to sign up for orientation dates that DO NOT conflict with the Bridges Program dates. For orientation information click here: Orientation Information. You can also go to the Advising website for more information
2019 Bridges Program Schedule:
Monday, June 24, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Math ONLY Benchmark Assessment and Introduction (Students participating in English only need not attend)
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, June 25 – August 8 (except for July 4)
Math Only: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
English Only: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Math and English: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Note: Students can participate in English only, in Math only, or in both English and Math (both carries the same price as just one!), but attendance and participation in the Lunch/College Readiness period is required of all Bridges students.
9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Math
In the Math course students will:
- Strengthen and deepen understanding of fundamental concepts in arithmetic, geometry, and algebra that are essential to success in college-level math courses
- Work with classmates to communicate mathematical thinking
- Gain confidence in computational and mathematical reasoning skills
11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Lunch, Games, and College Readiness Programming
- Eat, Socialize, Play Games
- Learn about CCSU and college life
- College readiness programming to help students succeed and to make the most of their college experience
1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Writing
In the Writing course students will:
- Learn how to write for college professors and professional audiences
- Critically read and write sophisticated texts
- Engage different styles and genres of work (multimedia)
- Develop writing habits and processes to overcome common struggles like procrastination, anxiety, repetition, etc.
First Day of Fall 2019 Classes: August 27