End of Semester
Remote Pathway Transition
November 25 – December 23, 2020
As scheduled, CCSU will transition to its “Remote Pathway” plan on Wednesday, Nov. 25 to finish out the Fall 2020 Semester. The Blueprint for a Successful Fall 2020 Semester includes the following:
Beginning Monday, Nov. 30, all classes will move online through the end of the semester. For the handful of labs that cannot make the pivot, specific arrangements are being made and communicated to the affected students.
- Final exams will be administered online.
- Faculty will continue to have coordinated access to HyFlex classrooms and labs. This access requires compliance with safety guidelines and taking the Daily Symptom Monitoring survey.
- Faculty will have access to offices but must complete the Daily Symptom Monitoring survey prior to coming to campus.
- Faculty technology training modules will be held as scheduled. For additional details
follow these links:
- Faculty office hours will be offered online using university-supported web conferencing software (e.g., WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Blackboard Collaborate) and/or telecommunication software (e.g., Jabber).
Residence halls will close at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 24 and students must move out all of their belongings by that time. This is a strategy to protect students from being separated from their valuables for a long period of time should the pandemic worsen and delay the start of the Spring Semester.
Students who have housing challenges during the semester break should work directly with Ramon Hernandez in Student Affairs at this link: StudentAffairs@my.ccsu.edu.
Student athletes will receive direct instructions about Winter Break from the Department of Athletics.
- Dining Services will be closed beginning on Nov. 25.
- The campus remains open for business to students, faculty, and staff by appointment (see office hours here) Prior to coming to campus you must complete the Daily Symptom Monitoring survey.
- Administrative offices (ex. Registrar, Bursar, Human Resources, and Admissions) will
follow their fall schedule.
- Staff schedules may remain staggered or flexed to limit occupancy in a shared office space. Though this is no longer required it is still recommended. Individuals with private offices do not factor into occupancy and may work on campus during all regularly scheduled office hours).
- Staff schedules may include a combination of on-ground work and telework.
- During office hours, the main entrance to the work area is to be unlocked when staff is present.
- Burritt Library remains open, check link for hours of operation (fall schedule).
- Student Center remains open, check link for hours of operation (fall schedule).
- Student support services (ex. Advising offices, Student Wellness Center, The Learning Center) will remain open. Check link for hours of operation (fall schedule).
- On-ground and online appointments must be scheduled ahead of time.
- Student Life programs/activities/meetings will be held online.
- Residence halls are closed, though the Quarantine and Isolation halls will remain open until the last students are cleared to resume normal activities.
- Huang Recreation Center remains open. Check link for hours of operation (fall schedule).
- Admissions tours will be offered as scheduled.