At CCSU we strive to provide frequent opportunities for students to form friendships and connect with the campus community. Students have, and always will, come first, and student engagement is more important than ever.
Updates from around campus
Take a look at the latest updates from our Student Life offices below, including the best way to get in touch with each office. We will share any new information with the campus community as soon as it is confirmed.
Students are welcome to call any of the offices listed below for more information. Each student club and organization also will have their own Microsoft Teams page.
Not sure who to call? Check in with the Office of Student Affairs at (860) 862-1601. For more information about the Office of Students affairs visit https://web.ccsu.edu/studentaffairs or call (860) 862-1601 to schedule an appointment.
The LGBT Center will have an on-ground and remote presence. We are located on the third floor of the Student Center, accessible by elevator. The Center is usually staffed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We can also meet with you virtually. Please email LGBT@ccsu.edu and we will make a plan to meet in our virtual lobby.
Memorial Hall Southwest Study Lounge
Hours: Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday: 1 – 7 p.m.; Sunday: 7 – 9 p.m.
New Student Programs
Office for Equity & Inclusion
Contact: Call (860) 832-1652. Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/diversity.
Office of Victim Advocacy
Contact: Call (860) 832-1652 Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/diversity/victimAdvocacy.html
Contact: Make an appointment by calling (860) 862-3734. Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/recentral.
- The C.J. Huang Recreation Center is open to students during operational hours.
- All recreational programs hosted in person (on ground) incorporate low contact with equipment as well as low numbers of participants at any given time. Hand sanitizer stations are set up in programming areas, and all equipment will be sanitized between use by staff members.
- RECentral continues to host online programs.
Contact: Call (860) 862-1660 to make an appointment. The meeting can be in person or virtual. Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/reslife.
- Inter Residence Council and the Residence Hall Councils will be conducted in a hybrid format. Voting members of each council will be able to attend meetings run by the elected e-boards. Meetings will be streamed via Teams so that they can remain open for residential students. Any group or person who has an announcement that they would like to have shared at an IRC or Residence Hall Council meeting must send an email to the IRC Gmail, CCSUIRC@gmail.com or to the residence hall director of the relevant building. The president or another member of the e-board will share the announcement during the meetings.
Student Activities & Leadership Development
Contact: Make an appointment by calling (860) 862-1990. The meeting can be in person or virtual. Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/sald.
- SA/LD is working with student leaders to update rosters and set permissions on The Link and Microsoft Teams and to ensure they are developing programs that can be both live and/or virtual.
Hours: Monday through Thursday; Student Center: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Breakers Game Room: 4 – 8 p.m.; Devil’s Den Food Court: 10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday; Student Center: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Breakers Game Room: 4 – 8 p.m.; Devil’s Den Food Court: 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday; Student Center: noon – 8 p.m.; Breakers Game Room & Devil’s Den Food Court: CLOSED
Sunday; Student Center: 6 – 10 p.m.; Bookstore: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Breakers Game Room & Devil’s Den Food Court: CLOSED
Contact: Staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to support you! Make an appointment at https://bit.ly/StudentCenterBooking. You may also call (860) 862-1960 or chat with any staff member immediately by searching for their name on Microsoft Teams. The meeting can be in person or virtual.
Student Disability Services
Contact: Make an appointment by calling (860) 832-1951. The meeting can be in person or virtual. Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/sds.
Student Government Association
Contact: Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/sga
SGA meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. on Microsoft Teams.
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Contact: Make an appointment by calling (860) 862-4010. Online: https://www.ccsu.edu/studentrights.
Meetings and hearings are conducted through WebEx.
Contact: Make an appointment by calling (860) 832-1869. The meeting can be in person or virtual. Online: https://web.ccsu.edu/veteransaffairs.
Contact: Call (860) 862-1948. To reach Student Wellness Services, call (860) 862-1925. Online: https://web.ccsu.edu/healthservices/oade.