Residence Hall Protocols
Following the State of Connecticut's guidelines for reopening university campuses, CCSU has opened six residence halls with significant modifications in occupancy rates and health and safety precautions. For your health and safety, violations of the following protocols will result in conduct sanctions.
- Face masks must be worn in public areas of residence halls including hallways, stairways, bathrooms, and common areas. They are not required in a student's own room. Students in the residence halls are expected to wear masks any time they answer their door or are outside of their respective room/suite.
- Please complete the symptom-monitoring survey every day.
- To gain entrance to your hall, you must show your hall ID with sticker. Electronic bell systems have been installed to notify hall staff when anyone enters the building.
- No outside guests are allowed inside residence halls, including students from other residence halls. Students may visit with residents of their assigned hall or make arrangements to meet others in safe spaces elsewhere. Visits will be limited to one guest per room and two per suite. During visits with fellow residents, everyone in the room must wear a mask.
- Social distancing in public spaces (lounges, meeting rooms, hall bathrooms) is required. Students do not have access to lounges, computer labs, kitchens, or other common areas to reduce the potential for cross contamination.
- To maintain 6-foot spacing from others, elevator capacity in the residence halls is limited to one person per elevator at a time. Additionally, the stairwells in some residence halls are designated as either “up” or “down” stairwells.
- The maximum size of any suite is capped at four students to promote effective social distancing.
- Residence halls with common-area bathrooms will have limits to how many people can be in the bathroom at a given time; 6-foot social distancing should be maintained in the bathrooms. Students who reside in suites or apartments with private bathrooms are not permitted to leave personal belongings in the bathroom areas. All personal items need to be kept in individual bedrooms.
- Required COVID-19 testing, including weekly tests through the first week of March and then random tests throughout the remainder of the semester. Check your email daily for notification of required tests and times.