Standards for Admission to the Social Work Program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for courses taken at CCSU, as well as an overall GPA
of 2.00, which includes both CCSU grades and grades for courses taken at other institutions.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.50 for the following introductory Social Work courses and
related requirements (Program GPA) including:
SW 100 or SOC 111
ANTH 140 or SOC 110
BIO 111 or BMS 111
PS 110 or PS 230
- Each of these courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C.
Note: Students may be enrolled in some prerequisite courses at the time of application but must complete them with a grade of C or higher and maintain the minimum GPA requirements before full admission will be granted.
- A minimum score of 2 (emerging) on the Potential for Professional Competence for Generalist Social Work Practice Scale in each of the following CSWE competencies:
2.1.1 Identify as a professional social worker and conduct oneself accordingly
2.1.3 Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments
2.1.4 Engage diversity and difference in practice
- 4. A minimum score of 3 or higher in every category of the 70-hr. Volunteer Experience Evaluation for SW 226 and SW 227.
- Minimum scores of 3 on the Professional Social Work Disposition Rubric. This is assessed in SW 225, SW 226, and SW 227, if taken at CCSU. The Transfer Student Reference Form may be substituted for field experiences from other colleges.