It Starts with U!
Apply to be an Orientation Leader for the 2018 Summer
Access the Application at: bit.ly/Ori18
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are an integral part of orienting all new students to CCSU and helping them feel connected to CCSU. Through intentional programs aimed at helping new students assimilate to college life, OLs are an elite group of student leaders that have found their way to give back to the campus and Join our team of exceptional student leaders!
Important Timeline Information
- February 20, 2018: Deadline for OL Applications
- February 23-February 28, 2018: Interviews
- Week of March 5, 2018: Applicants will know their status and share their pride of
CCSU with the rest of the campus!
Important Dates & Information
REQUIRED TRAINING DATES*:
- Wednesday, May 30 Orientation Leader Training (meals included)
- Thursday, May 31 Orientation Leader Training (meals included)
- Friday, June 1 Orientation Leader Training (meals included)
- Wednesday, August 22 Orientation Leader Training (meals included)
ORIENTATION DATES: (Subject to change slightly, OLs must work each day)
- June 5, 7, 12, 26, 28 First Year Student Orientation Days
- June 8 Transfer Student Orientation
- June 21 & 22 Overnight First Year Student Orientation
- July 11 & 12-new Overnight First Year Student Orientation
- July 20 Transfer Student Orientation
- August 17 First Year Student Orientation Days
- August 21 First Year Student Orientation Days
- August 23 Transfer Student Orientation
- Sun. Aug. 26th First Year Student Move In Day, all day/evening
- Mon. Aug. 27th Campus Opening Day, all day/evening
*All Orientation Leaders must all attend all trainings and every orientation day in their entirety to be eligible for the position. Transfer Student Orientation days are not a requirement, since we do not need as many OLs. OLs will be expected to clear all other commitments in advance, including employment, to be able to hold the position. Orientation Leaders will be receiving monetary acknowledgment for their service.