Information about applying to one of our three MA specializations in Psychology
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. Applicants must also have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a 4.00 scale (where A is 4.00), or its equivalent, and good standing (3.00 GPA ) in all post-baccalaureate course work.
- Three letters of reference (must have 2 from an academic source)
- Personal statement*
- a BA/BS degree in Psychology
- 18+ credits in psychology
- grade of B or higher in Statistics and Research Methods
- Grade point average of 2.70 or higher, with a 3.00 or higher in psychology courses
*The personal statement should present the applicant’s professional goals, any specific experiences that helped prepare applicants for the psychology program, such as research or training, and any additional information that may assist the department's admissions committee in reviewing the application.
Applicants must submit the following documents directly to the Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Office:
- Completed admissions application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts from each college and university attended (except from Central Connecticut State University), which must be sent from institution to institution
The application deadline for Spring admission is November 1st and the Fall admission deadline is April 1st. Further information can be found at www.psychology.ccsu.edu/.