Graduation Policies and Requirements
Application for Graduation
A graduating student must file an Application for Graduation with the Office of Registrar one year prior to graduation. Those expecting to complete degree requirements in May or August must file by May 1, and those completing in December must file by December 1 of the previous year.
For graduation, a Political Science student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete 39 credits in the major (the 39 credit total applies to both Political Science degree programs);
- Complete a minor course of study (some students may be able to fulfill the minor requirement if they have completed a specific degree program in the Connecticut state community college system);
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.00 in the major and the minor;
- Receive grades of C- or better in ALL courses required for the Political Science major and the student’s declared minor;
- Maintain a minimum overall cumulative grade-point average of 2.00;
- Complete all General Education requirements;
- Complete a minimum of 122 credits.
Residency Requirements for Degree
A minimum of 30 credits "in residence" is required for a bachelor's degree. Students
transferring from any college are required to take at least 15 credits in their major field and 9 credits in their
minor field at Central Connecticut State University. Major and minor minimums are included in
the 30-credit residence requirement. "In residence" means attending classes conducted
on campus or under supervision of Central Connecticut State University.
In no case will a degree be granted unless a student is matriculated for a minimum of one year at the time of graduation. Any student has the option of completing the program requirements in effect during the catalog year when s/he entered the program or electing to abide by any new set of program or university requirements in a subsequent catalog year while the student remains in the program.
Courses that do not Carry Credits toward Graduation:
ENG 099 and MATH 099 ENG 099 and MATH 099 are three-credit courses. The grade awarded will be computed into a student's GPA, but the credits will not count towards the number of credits required for graduation.