What is Phonathon?
The CCSU Phonathon is a program where students serve as University Ambassadors. Within this program, the relationship between current CCSU Students and CCSU Alumni is crucial. We call to update and verify contact information to ensure that the University can keep consistent and clear information on all alumni. While updating this information, we also take pride in informing alumni of current events on campus. On average, we initiate over 150 thousand calls to alumni resulting in pledges and gifts of over $50,000 dollars. The money that we raise goes to help fund areas such as: student scholarships, academic programs, athletics, the library, and cultural events.
Who works at Phonathon?
Currently we have about twenty student callers, two student coordinators, and one graduate director. For the supervisor staff list, please refer to our Phonathon Staff page. Our callers are devoted, engaging, professional, and extremely friendly students. We pride ourselves in being a part of the phonathon team and working together to make the best work environment possible. We work together on a nightly basis to have the most fun while raising the most amount of money possible!
How can I work at Phonathon?
Phonathon applicants should have strong integrity and honesty, exceptional people skills, superior customer service skills, self-motivation, knowledge and enthusiasm about CCSU, and most importantly a positive and engaging work attitude. We hire the best of the best. We look for students who are excellent in every way. While employed in Phonathon you have the opportunity to call CCSU Alumni, engage them in conversation and ask them for their financial support.
What if I don’t have any experience?
The coordinators do an incredible job with our training process. If you are enthusiastic, hardworking, and detailed oriented, then you may just be a great asset to our team. However, it is important that you are a people person! Every semester we hire students with little or no experience. We provide training and support to help and navigate our students towards success. In addition, we mentor and train the type of skills that will benefit every student regardless of your chosen career field.
What if I have a night class?
Attendance and tardiness is crucial to us. Often times, we can accommodate a student who has a night class if need be. Feel free to talk this over with the coordinators should you have specific questions or concerns.
Where is it? When does it all take place?
The Phonathon Room is currently located in Emma Hart Willard Room 114. The Phonathon shifts are:
Wednesday 6:30PM - 9:00PM
Friday 2:00PM - 5:00PM
Sunday 1:00PM-4:00PM / 5:00PM-8:30PM
Dress: Casual attire
What if I have more questions?
We are happy to have a conversation should you have more questions or interest in phonathon. Please email the phonathon staff by clicking here. Should there be any reason you cannot contact them, please contact the Executive Supervisor, Kyle Reynolds, at by clicking here or calling (860) 832-3680.
- Starting wage - $9.15/hour, with opportunities for raises and promotions
- Hours - 5 (minimum) - 20/week
- Calendar - Spring 2015 Phonathon runs February - April
- Minimum GPA is 2.5 or 1st semester Freshmen Status.
- Schedule - Flexible where each employee chooses desired shifts
- Application: Click the link below to fill out and submit the application.
- Phone Interview: A preliminary interview with the Phonathon Coordinators that helps rank applicants.
- Personal Interview: Should you have a successful phone interview, you may be asked to schedule an in-person interview with the Executive Supervisor. This is an opportunity to expand upon items covered during the phone interview and introduce additional items while being considered for the position.
- Training / Phone Calls: 1 training session is required. The training session is paid. Training will be conducted by the Executive Supervisor, Associate & Assistant Supervisors, and Phonathon Certified Trainers.