The “Networking Reception” is an annual event organized by the Department of Educational Leadership & Instructional Technology to honor faculty, current students, and graduates of our programs (Master’s Degree, Sixth-Year Degree/Intermediate Administrative Certificate, Superintendent Certification, and Doctoral) who have excelled in various capacities as teachers, educational and community leaders. The first Networking Reception was in 2003 and the event continues this year. To date, over 50 professionals have been recognized.
Some purposes of the Networking Reception include the following:
- To recognize the accomplishments of both students and faculty and celebrate individual and collective successes.
- To extend the University’s engagement with the school leadership community across the state of Connecticut.
- To increase networking opportunities for experienced and successful educational leaders to mentor and serve as role models to future leaders.
- To maintain the University leadership position in preparing quality teachers and administrators for Connecticut and beyond.
- To continue to maintain healthy relationships between the University community and school district leaders across the state.
- To encourage social and important interactions among professional colleagues.