AboutAcademicsAdmissionsAlumni and FriendsAthleticsCampus Life
Home >
Finance > Travel > Policies and Procedures > Travel Advances
page tools :

Policies & Procedures

Staff Listing | Policies/Procedures | Exhibits | Home


Travel Advances

It is possible to request an advance for expenses if funds are available. Requests for a travel advance must be indicated on the Travel Authorization along with the amount requested and must be received in the Travel Office at least two (2) weeks prior to departure. Advances are restricted to 80% of the total approved for reimbursement on the Travel Authorization exclusive of airfare or rail purchased through the current State Travel Agent or prepayment of registration fees, and must be in excess of $100.00. Exceptions may be made for students and must be documented on the Policy Exception Request form (Exhibit H) and approved by the traveler’s supervisor, and will be taken into consideration by the Travel Office, which will consult with the Chief Financial Officer or designee on a case-by-case basis.

The travel advance will be issued approximately three business days prior to departure either by ACH (direct deposit) or check.

A Travel Advance Agreement (Exhibit C) must be signed by the requesting employee upon receipt of these funds. Please read the agreement form carefully before signing it. The agreement states that the requesting employee will submit a completed Travel Reimbursement form with the required documentation to the Travel Office within fifteen (15) business days after completion of the trip. If the advance was greater than the total expenditure, the requesting employee will return the excess to the Travel Office with the completed Travel Reimbursement form. The check should be made payable to Central Connecticut State University. Receipt of a travel advance does not exempt the traveler from filing a Travel Reimbursement form. Advances will not be given when an employee has an outstanding advance which has been due for more than 30 days. The request will be held until such time as the outstanding balance has been paid or a reimbursement request has been filed with the Travel Office. Also, the Internal Revenue Service requires that advances that remain outstanding for more than 120 days be added to an employee’s taxable compensation.

email page print page small type large type large type
powered by finalsite