Students will be expected to:
- Explain communication processes, internal and external of an organization
- Write appropriately in both academic and professional settings
- Employ research methods in the diagnosis of communication problems within organizations and between organizations and their target audiences, including those resulting from intercultural differences
- Use problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation strategies in complex relational situations within organizations
- Examine the use and impact of information, communication, and new media technologies in the design and evaluation of public relations, strategic communication campaigns, and other organizational applications and
- Practice sound and ethical reasoning.
- THEORY: Be able to explain communication theories relevant to their discipline
- APPLICATION: Be able to apply relevant theoretical constructs in the fields of mass communication, organizational communication, and promotion and public relations.
- APPLICATION: Demonstrate skills through the production of effective mediated messages.
- SPEAKING/WRITING SKILLS: Demonstrate speaking and writing skills.
- METHODS: Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate research methods.
- CRITICAL THINKING: Deconstruct and evaluate messages.