Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RN's (RN/BSN)
The RN/BSN program is designed for those Registered Nurses who wish to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. The program consists of 25 credits in nursing, and up to 35 credits is awarded for previous nursing content through the articulation agreement. Completion of university requirements makes up the rest of the required course work. A minimum of 30 credits residency is required for a degree from Central Connecticut State University.
In addition to meeting all requirements established for admission to Central Connecticut State University, the applicants must also:
- Be licensed currently as a Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- Carry and provide documentation of adequate malpractice and health insurance.
- Have advisement by nursing faculty.
- Be CPR certified.
- Meet specific immunization and OSHA requirements and undergo a background check prior to their clinical course.
- Complete the BSN program within five years of taking NRSE 303
As part of Connecticut's articulation plan, students, are awarded 35 credits after taking two courses with a grade of "C" or better in addition to transfer credits.
- Admission to the University does not guarantee advancement to upper division nursing courses.
- Applicants in their final year of a diploma or associate degree my be accepted on a provisional basis.
If you have an ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing), have passed the NCLEX exam, wish to earn a BSN (Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing), and are interested in our program, please read the FAQ sheet for answers to many questions you may have. If you are wondering how many courses you may need, please fax copies of your 'unofficial' transcripts for every university/college you've attended to 860 832 2188 along with your contact information and let us know when you wish to start taking courses.
The RN-BSN advisor will review your transcripts and compare the courses you've completed to those required in our RN-BSN program. She will contact you to discuss the program further and answer any questions you may have.