[ MEMBERSHIP AND DOCUMENTS 2013-14 ]
[ MEMBERSHIP AND DOCUMENTS 2012-13 ]
[ MEMBERSHIP AND DOCUMENTS 2011-12 ]
[ MEMBERSHIP AND DOCUMENTS 2010-11 ]
[ MISSION ]
[ BY LAWS ]
- Seven teaching faculty members;
- Two students (one undergraduate and one graduate);
- The Director of Library Services, ex officio and non-voting.
- The seven teaching faculty members shall be elected by the Faculty Senate for two-year terms. Four members shall be elected in even years, and three members in odd years.
- The undergraduate student member shall be selected by the Student Government Association, for a one-year term.
- The graduate student member shall be selected by the Graduate Student Association, for a one-year term.
Functions And Responsibilities
1. To make recommendations related to library policies in so far as they impact the teaching, research and service responsibilities of the faculty and the studies of students;
2. To serve in an advocacy role for the Library;
3. To listen to students and faculty concerns regarding the library;
4. To advise the Vice President for Academic Affairs and other administrative officers as to the status of the library as an effective instrument serving the needs of the university;
5. To participate in planning for future library facilities.
Special Provision for Spring 2012 election
In the Spring 2012 election, seven faculty members shall be elected; the four candidates with the highest number of votes shall be elected to two-year terms, and the other three shall be elected to one-year terms.
Approved by the Faculty Senate: February 13, 2012