Accounting | Finance | M.I.S. | Management | Marketing
Human Resource Management
The concentration in Human Resources is offered by the Management and Organization Department.
For students interested in preparing for careers in human resource management or personnel administration in a variety of business and non-business settings.
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the function within an organization that facilitates the most effective use of employees and other people who provide services for an organization.
- HRM works with other functions in the organization to achieve organizational and individual goals.
- HRM deals with employee issues such as compensation, benefits, recruitment, hiring, promotion, organizational design, performance management, training, organizational development, career planning, safety, wellness, employee motivation, communication, job design, employee relations, and human resource information systems.
- HRM is responsible for strategic planning related to major decisions of an organization.
- HRM is responsible for assuring that organizational activities are consistent with laws and regulations related to employment. Examples of relevant laws and regulations are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws; regulations concerning pay and benefits; and laws/regulations related to safe working conditions, collective bargaining, and the employer-employee relationship.
- HRM can be performed by designated human resource specialists, line managers, or consultants.
- HRM grew out of the earlier field of personnel management.
All students who choose the Human Resource specialization may take courses only after meeting with a faculty advisor and adopting a planned program which must be approved by the department chair.
Downloadable PDF of Curricuculum
Interested in Human Resource Management
Contact: Department Chairperson
Dr. Lee Lee
Office VAC 427020