CCSU School of Business Strategic Business Plan
We provide educational programs and services drawing upon the faculty’s scholarship, experience, and business relationships to make our stakeholders more effective and to prepare students to make thoughtful and responsible contributions to their communities.
We will be recognized by our stakeholders for providing the highest-value business education and be the school of choice for those who want to lead Connecticut to a brighter future in the global economy.
Strategic Goals 2011-2016
- Develop closer relationships with area businesses and organizations to better serve their needs and to better prepare our students to contribute to their communities.
- Major initiative – Develop a targeted program to prepare students for careers in the insurance and financial services industries. The program will not be a new major or concentration, but will involve all business disciplines and work within the existing degree program structure. It will serve as a model for other industries.
- Enhance our students’ ability to innovate in the economy by making CCSU’s School of Business a center for entrepreneurial excellence.
- Major Initiative – Strengthen our entrepreneurship program and build on our relationships with the ITBD, SBDC and members of the new venture community to create an entrepreneurship center at CCSU.
- Earn recognition for the quality of our programs and enhance our reputation by attaining and maintaining AACSB accreditation.
- Continually improve our programs and courses by systematically assessing learning outcomes and developing and implementing improvement activities.
- Major Initiative – Test efforts to foster deep learning in select classes and disseminate successful efforts for wider use.
- Close the achievement gap between minority and disadvantaged students and the general student population.