A checklist for Your Event:
*Focus on tasks that apply specifically to your event (Should be highlighted by your SA/LD Advisor).
**Keep in mind, this checklist is only a guideline to help you plan for your event. Further meetings w/ your SA/LD Advisor will help ensure your event’s success.
- Complete first page of Event Registration Form and get signed by your SA/LD Adviser.
- Pick a tentative date for the event. Choose a back-up date.
- Determine the estimated budget for the event.
At least one week prior to the event
- Contact prospective speakers, performers, etc., and discuss tentative plans. Remember, oral contracts are NOT permitted.
- Bring completed Personal Services Agreement Request (PSAR) form to the Student Activities Office.
- Complete Travel Authorization (For those groups leaving CCSU for their event).
- Discuss your marketing plan for the event.
At least three weeks prior to the event
- Reserve space, discuss needs for the event (audio visual, room layout, technical assistance, security, etc.), and get an estimated cost (if any) with the Central Reservations office.
- Make an appointment to meet with a representative of Sodexho Dining Services to discuss your catering needs.
- If admission is to be charged, order tickets through the Student Center CENtix office.
- Book any transportation services that you may need to get to your event.
- Place order for promotional items for event.
- Begin marketing for your event.
- Review entire event for omitted details.Organize a committee to setup, decorate and cleanup the facility, if necessary.
Day of event
- Pick up checks from the Cashier's Office to pay speaker and/or performers.
- Make any last minute changes to room setup or food service.
- Continue marketing your event.
Immediately After the event
Within Three Days after the Event
- Arrive early (The person in charge of the event should introduce him/herself to the Building Manager, if the event is held in the Student Center).
- Greet special guests and performers.
- Assist decorating committee in preparation of the facility.
- Fill out post event form and evaluate the event.
- Meet with the Student Activities staff to review the event.