Fresh Start Policy
At the discretion of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, an undergraduate student whose enrollment at CCSU has been interrupted for 2 or more years and whose GPA is below 2.0 may be considered for admission under the Fresh Start Policy. Under this option, the office of the Registrar initiates a new GPA for the returning student at the time of re-entry and uses this new figure for graduation purposes. The Fresh Start admissions option is available to undergraduate students who were formerly matriculated at the university and who attempted no more than 60 credits. It is also available to non-matriculated undergraduate students who attempted no more than 30 credits at CCSU.
Each case is decided on its own merits, and each decision has advantages and disadvantages. Students returning to the University for full or part-time study after a long interval should consult the Office of Admissions.
Guidelines for the Fresh Start Program are:
Updated, March 23, 2012
- At least 2 academic years shall have intervened between the exit from and re-entry to CCSU;
- A formerly matriculated undergraduate student shall have attempted no more than 60 credits at CCSU;
- A non-matriculated undergraduate student shall have attempted no more than 30 credits at CCSU;
- The student's academic record will be treated like the record of a transfer student;
- During the first semester back at CCSU, the student shall be restricted to 16 credits or fewer;
- Graduation requirements shall be those listed in the catalog at the time of re-entry; and
- The Fresh Start option can be used only once.