Cooperative Programs


Community-Technical College Transfer Minors

By agreement between the Carol A. Ammon School of Arts and Sciences and the Connecticut Community-Technical College system, students who complete an associate's degree in a professional or technical program (not an associate's degree in general or liberal studies) at a Connecticut community-technical college may request that their minor be waived if they are majoring in a discipline different than that in which they received the associate's degree. Students are expected to complete a major (non-teaching) in the Carol A. Ammon School of Arts and Sciences and to fulfill all other university requirements. The agreement includes, but is not limited to, programs in corrections and in drug and alcohol rehabilitation. For information, contact the office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences, DiLoreto Hall 112.


Engineering Transfer Program

This program provides the first-year and sophomore core courses needed for a wide variety of engineering fields. Constructed in consultation with the School of Engineering at University of Connecticut, it enables a limited number of students to transfer to that school after the sophomore year to complete the BS degree in either chemical, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering in approximately two additional years.

The program at Central Connecticut State University includes laboratory courses in chemistry and physics, mathematics, computer science, CAD, freshman English, and various electives in social sciences and humanities.

The Engineering Advisory Committee will assist students with transfer procedures to the School of Engineering at University of Connecticut and to other schools of engineering.

Students planning to enroll should consult with the committee chair at the earliest opportunity. Inquiries should be addressed to the Engineering Transfer Program, Department of Physics and Earth Sciences, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT 06050 (860-832-2932; 860-832-2930).


UConn/CCSU Joint Program in Public Affairs

There is a cooperative program between Central Connecticut State University and University of Connecticut for the master of public administration degree. An undergraduate student may enroll in up to four approved graduate-level courses and later apply these courses toward the MPA. Approved Central Connecticut State University courses (PS 445, 446, and 448) may be credited toward the MPA. Non-matriculated students, who have completed the BA, may take up to three CCSU courses in the MPA program before applying for admission. Students may register from their home institution. Detailed information may be obtained from the chair of the political science department, or from the director of the UConn Master of Public Affairs program.


powered by finalsite