IT Walk-In Support Policy
The following outlines the policy for Walk-In Technology Support:
Full Support is provided for the following:
- Install of Clean Access and antivirus software to access the Internet
- Password reset
- Citrix troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office assistance
- Personal netshare access
- Virus/spyware removal
- "Blue Screen" crashes (also known as "Blue Screen of Death", or B.S.O.D.). Please note that this is issue-dependent; hardware failures resulting in a Blue Screen Of Death are unsupported.
- System restore from restore point(s) created by Windows
Instructional (No-Touch Support) is provided for the following:
- Restoration of Windows from installation CD (Retail version, OEM, or Manufacturer's Restore Disc) in the case when the operating system falls short of a full/clean install and/or reformat
The following are unsupported:
- Clean operating system installs on personal (non-CCSU) computers
- Data recovery
- Hardware installations on personal (non-CCSU) computers. Hardware includes but is not limited to hard drives, motherboards, memory, etc.
Please note that CCSU computers are fully supported. Depending on the severity/invasiveness of the problem, the issue will be handled by Walk-in Technology Support and/or Onsite Support.
We are happy to work with you to help you resolve technical issues on your personal computer. However we cannot allow you to drop off and leave your computer. You must remain with your computer during the support session.