Student Disability Services
The Office of Student Disability Services has been charged by the University to provide students, faculty, and staff with assistance and information on issues of access and full participation for persons with disabilities at Central Connecticut State University.
The Office of Student Disability Services’ primary duty is to provide services and support that promote educational equity for students with disabilities. Assistance includes arranging accommodations and auxiliary aids that are necessary for students with disabilities to pursue their academic careers. The responsibilities of Student Disability Services include:
• To assist the student in the determination of appropriate accommodations and auxiliary aids
• To determine eligibility for academic accommodation based upon a review of the submitted documentation
• To communicate eligibility and right to accommodation with student and faculty
• To assure student receives the appropriate accommodations
• To interact with faculty members when appropriate
• To develop strategies to negotiate campus life
• To increase personal advocacy skills
• To identify strengths and weaknesses so that students can develop adaptive and compensatory skills and set goals
• To explore disability-related needs and locate resources that are necessary for appropriate accommodations
• To disseminate information about support services both on and off campus
Students should read this guide regarding the Office of Student Disability Services policies and procedures because it provides the basis for ensuring timely support and improved access to services.