Student Ushers’ main responsibility is audience management. They are also responsible for basic setups, office and technical support, answering phones, data entry, as well as other work assigned by the department supervisors. A student usher is also responsible for Office or Technical duties as well if asked by a supervisor or scheduled to do so.
- Time off must be requested at least two weeks in advance and is simply a REQUEST. If you are required to work you will be scheduled regardless.
- Tardiness is unacceptable and a formal write-up will be issued. It may also result in a significant decrease in ones hours.
- Failure to show up for a call is unacceptable and is grounds for termination.
Up to 20 hours per week when regular classes are in session.
Up to 40 hours per week when regular classes are not in session.
1. Maintain order among and provide the necessary information to any audiences attending an event in one of our venues.
2. Night and weekend office coverage. This includes opening and closing rooms, temperature checks, answering phones, data entry, and basic setups (AV equipment, tents, tables, etc.).
3. Logging night and weekend progress in the office by recording it in the red binder.
4. Support of the office and technical crews as needed.
5. Ushers are required to attend a weekly crew meeting and stay up to date on all upcoming events and calls (scheduled work times).
6. Other duties assigned by the Event Management supervisors.
Student Managers, Event Coordinators, Department Director