Student Production Technician
Student Production Technician is responsible for the set-up and clean-up of events, including films, exams, dances, lectures and concerts. He/she is also responsible for running all equipment according to specifications, as well as he/she is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the facility and department equipment. A student technician is also responsible for Office or Usher duties as well if asked by a supervisor or scheduled to do so.
- Time off must be requested at least two weeks in advance and is simply a REQUEST. If you are required to work you will be scheduled regardless.
- Tardiness is unacceptable and a formal write-up will be issued. It may also result in a significant decrease in ones hours.
- Failure to show up for a call is unacceptable and is grounds for termination.
15-20 Hours Per week when regular classes are in session
30-40 Hours Per week when regular classes are not in session.
1. Under the supervision of the Operations Assistant, the Technician is involved in the production process required before, during, and after events.
2. The Technician assists the Operations Assistant with the set-up and production of campus events and rehearsals, as well as he/she assists visiting crews/clients when load-in of additional equipment is necessary.
3. The Technician is responsible for keeping regular “maintenance hours,” during which training, maintenance, and inventory of the facilities and their equipment is transformed.
4. For events held at Welte Auditorium, the Technician is responsible for unlocking and setting up the facility according to specifications. Upon conclusion of the event, the Technician will secure the facility.
5. The Technician attends weekly crew meetings under the Supervision of the Operations Assistants and the Assistant Director. He/she is also responsible for keeping up to date on coming events.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the Event Management Assistant Director.
Student Managers, Event Coordinator, Assistant Director, Director