Participation in Programs Not Sponsored by CCSU
There are many other study abroad programs and providers and some students may wish to particpiate in a program not sponsered by CCSU. If you choose to participate in one of these alternate programs you will be required to take a leave of absence from the university and will forfeit any financial aid you may receive.
To participate in a non-sponsered program you must take the following steps:
- file the Non-Partner Participation From form with the CIE;
- complete a Leave of Absence form in the Office of the Registrar prior to your departure;
- inform yourself of the Registrar’s policies and procedures regarding the transfer of credit;
- undertake all arrangements pertaining to your study abroad; and
- register online for CCSU courses prior to your return from your Leave of Absence.
To apply for credit for a non-sponsored program, you must complete and submit the Request for Transfer Credit form, available from the Registrar’s Office and on line at their Web site. All credit for study abroad must be pre-approved by the Registrar prior to your departure and must follow the guidelines that are noted in the CCSU course catalog or online. Only undergraduate grades of C- or better are eligible for transfer.