New CentralPipeline Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why is CentralPipeline changing?
Our goal is to provide you with a user-friendly and reliable way to get things done - register for classes, access grades, view course materials. The new design of CentralPipeline provides easier access to these tasks and is a more stable system. In additional, the new CentralPipeline web portal pages will leverage the look and navigational opportunites of the new CCSU web site.
What is changing with CentralPipeline?
CentralPipeline is getting a new look and we are "opening the door" to give you direct access to web-based systems. The current version of CentralPipeline is a portal system - one "doorway" to access several systems and other information. With the new version, you will have access to web-based systems directly from the CentralPipeline home page. You determine which system you need to use and can log in directly to that system using your BlueNet account username and password. News and other important information will also be displayed directly on the CentralPipeline home page - no need to log in to get to news, announcements, or links to various resources. Click here to see the difference between the old and new CentralPipeline.
How do I access the new CentralPipeline?
Your CentralPipeline portal web page is accessible from the CCSU home page, by pointing to CentralPipeline then clicking on CentralPipeline for Students or CentralPipeline for Faculty/Staff. It is also accessible by clicking on the Current Students or Faculty & Staff links from the CCSU home page.
In addition, you may still access CentralPipeline by going directly to https://pipeline.ccsu.edu/. From there, click on the CentralPipeline for Students or CentralPipeline for Faculty/Staff icon.
When will the change happen?
The new look and other changes will go into effect on Tuesday, June 9, 2009.
What web-based systems are available and what are they used for?
WebCentral-Banner Web Services - students use this system for course registration, grades and transcripts, e-billing, and financial aid; faculty members use this system for student advising and grading. This system is also used to add money to your Blue Chip card debit account.
Blackboard Vista - used for course materials.
On-Line Card Office - used to check the balance of your Blue Chip card debit account, view transaction history, and report a lost or stolen card.
Outlook Web Mail - used to access your CCSU-managed e-mail account.
Remote Application Server - used to access software applications, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and certain academic software.
Will I need a new username and password?
No. Your existing BlueNet account username and password provides you with access to all of the web-based systems mentioned above. If you need an account or need to reset your password, click on the Accounts Management link from the CentralPipeline home page.
What web browsers are supported?
|Operating System ||Internet Explorer* ||Netscape ||Firefox** ||Safari***|
|Windows XP or Vista|| 6 or 7|| Not Supported|| 3|| Not Supported|
|Mac OS X||Not Supported|| Not Supported|| 3|| 3|
* To use the Internet Explorer web browser to access your e-bill from WebCentral-Banner Web, you must either turn off pop-up blockers or add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu
- Click on Pop-Up Blocker:
- To turn off the pop-up blocker, click on Turn-off Pop-up blocker.
- To add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up, click on Pop-up Blocker settings, click in the , "Address of WebSite to Allow" field, type ssb.ccsu.edu, click on Add and .then Close.
** To use the Firefox web browser to access your e-bill from WebCentral-Banner Web, you must either turn off pop-up blockers or add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up:
- Open Firefox and click on the Tools menu (Windows) or the Firefox menu (Mac).
- Click on Options (Windows) or Preferences (Mac).
- Click on the Content button:
- To turn off the pop-up blocker, uncheck the box next to Block pop-up windows.
- To add "ssb.ccsu.edu" as an allowed pop-up, click on the Exceptions button, type ssb.ccsu.edu and click on Allow, then Close.
- Click on OK.
*** To use the Safari web browser to access your e-billl from WebCentral-Banner Web, you must turn off pop-up blockers and change the browser setting to always accept cookies. Accepting all cookies could be a security risk, so if you are not comfortable with doing this then you should use the Firefox web browser.
To always accept cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu, click on Preferences.
- Click on the Security icon.
- Select Always next to Accept Cookies.
- Click on the Close button.
To turn off pop-up blockers in Safari:
- From the Safari menu, verify that Block Pop-Up Windows does not have a check next to it. If it does have a check, click on it to uncheck it.