AboutAcademicsAdmissionsAlumni and FriendsAthleticsCampus Life
Office of Academic Articulations and Partnerships



Click here to start online orientation




Frequently Asked Questions  


How do I register for classes?

Students should register for classes using the internet. Refer to the Student Technology Guide or Course Registration Booklet for instructions.
Can I change my schedule once I have registered for my classes?
You can make changes to your schedule until the end of the first week of classes.
 You may drop a course up to the end of the third week of classes, and no record of the course whatsoever appears on your transcript.
 You may withdraw from a course and receive a grade of “W” from the 3rd to the 8th week of classes. If you withdraw during this period a grade of “W” will appear on your transcript. Withdrawals will not be approved after the 8th week of classes without documentation of the extremity of the circumstances.

What is required to be a full time student?
A typical program of study for a CCSU student in good standing is considered to be 15 to 17 credits of academic work per semester, depending on classification and major. A full-time student must carry a minimum of 12 credits per semester.

How many credits do I need to complete at CCSU to earn my degree?
To earn a CCSU degree, you must complete a minimum of 30 CCSU credits with a minimum of 15 credits in your major and nine CCSU credits in your minor, if applicable, regardless of how many credits you transfer in. This requirement is called the residency requirement.
REMEMBER: You must be registered for 12 credits to remain a full-time student.

How do I find out how my transfer credits have been applied?
To get credit for a course you took and received a grade of C- or better, you need to go to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions, Davidson Hall, Room 115 or call (860)832-2278. If after a meeting with your advisor you still have questions about your transfer credit evaluation, please contact Myrna Garcia-Bowen, Director of Transfer and Academic Articulations. Her office is located in Willard Hall, Suite 110 or call (860) 832-3349.

Who is my advisor?
Faculty advisors are assigned to students during the fifth week of the semester. Until that time your department chairperson or the dean’s office in your school can answer your questions or assist you. (Refer to the department contact list in your Transfer Guide). Advisors in the Center for Advising and Career Exploration (CACE) (Willard Hall Suite 103) are always available to answer your advising questions.

Where do I park?
There are many parking options here at CCSU. Be careful not to park in a restricted lot. Please refer to the campus map on the back cover.
email page print page small type large type large type
powered by finalsite