IT Weekly Announcement - November 27, 2013
Current & Scheduled Outages/System Updates
System Outage Friday November 29th
Please plan now for a technology services interruption scheduled for Friday, November 29th from 5:00am until midnight. A scheduled electrical power upgrade will impact computer services that originate from Barnard Hall and the Powerhouse. Both of these buildings are hubs for critical computer resources. Below is a list of what services will be interrupted:
- CCSU internet and intranet services will be unavailable for most of the day; so there will be no access to faculty/staff email, file shares, account management, or Banner.
- There will be intermittent access to the Blackboard Learning Management System throughout the day.
- The student email system (Office 365) is hosted off-site and will be available throughout this period.
- The university's web site (CCSU.edu) will be available from off-campus, but not all links on the web site will be active.
- All analog phone services will be available throughout campus with three exceptions. The digital-based IP phones recently installed in the new Police Dept., the Social Sciences Hall, and ITBD (Institute for Business Development) will have intermittent phone service.
With the goal of minimizing disruptions and the inconvenience of this upgrade, we scheduled this for a day the University is closed. We hope that this early warning allows you time enough to plan accordingly.
Sunday Maintenance – Reminder
Every Sunday, between 12:00am – 12:00pm, all systems will be intermittently unavailable while important maintenance and updates are performed.
Accessing Netshares from Off-Campus
On the evening of Thursday, December 5th a change will be made to off-campus access to netshares allowing you to access all of your netshare drives (M, S, U, etc) via one method. After December 5th, you may use the method outlined in these instructions to access all of your netshares (currently, you will only see your M drive when connecting via this method). Once connected, you will have access to folders for each netshare you have access to with your BlueNet account. This change is being made to limit the need for the VPN (Virtual Private Network) as it is outdated technology.
Emergency Notification System
Please review your information in the Emergency Notification System to ensure that your preferred contact method is up to date should there be a campus emergency. For more information and to log in to the system, click here
Previous IT Weekly Announcements