COMPUTER ELECTRONICS & GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY: ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR [#C14-029]
Electronics/Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology
The Computer Electronics & Graphics Technology (CEGT) Department invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty member beginning Fall 2014. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in Robotic and Mechatronic Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, and related programs and contribute actively and effectively to student growth, service, and scholarship in the field. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body. Primary responsibility is teaching.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing lecture and laboratory course curricula at the graduate and undergraduate level;
- Programmatic marketing;
- Assisting with student orientation and registration;
- Working with industrial advisors;
- Participating in School and University committees;
- Writing grants;
- Conducting scholarly activity related to technology; and,
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Candidates are expected to develop a research agenda in their field.
Information about the School of Engineering and Technology, along with the curriculum and course descriptions, can be found on-line at www.set.ccsu.edu/.
- Ph.D. in Electronics/Electro-Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline (or expected completion of the Ph.D. degree within 6 months of hire).
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Two years of full-time (or equivalent) college-level teaching and/or training.
- Demonstrated skills and strong commitment to technical laboratory and experimental teaching, participation in hands-on research projects and application oriented activities
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, team building, and teaching skills (lecture and lab).
- A current record of scholarly activity in the discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in electronics and control engineering, application of electronics for mechanical devices and Robotics, and Mechatronic Engineering Technology.
- Three years of relevant US industry experience (or equivalent).
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, applied research and willingness to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students is required.
The University: CCSU is one of four state universities with the Board of Regents for Higher Education Connecticut State Colleges & Universities. Excellent professors and a wide array of academic programs prepare students for success in whatever field they choose. CCSU’s motto is more than a slogan; it articulates the University’s commitment to students: “Start with a dream. Finish with a future.” The Princeton Review selected CCSU as one of "The Best Northeastern Colleges." CCSU serves approximately 12,200 students - 9,500 undergraduates, and 2,700 graduates. CCSU is richly diverse: more than 20 percent of students are of traditional minority heritage. Visit our web site at http://www.ccsu.edu/.
The Community: CCSU is located in New Britain, a city of some 70,000, within a 10-minute drive to the state capital in Hartford. New Britain is home to the nationally recognized New Britain Museum of American Arts and offers a range of cultural opportunities, including the New Britain Symphony Orchestra, the New Britain Rock Cats (Double A professional baseball), two theatres, and an extensive park system. The University is approximately two hours (by car) from both Boston and New York City
Application and Appointment: For full consideration, applications must be received by February 15, 2014. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. To begin the application process, click on the Apply Now button and submit the following as one document:
- Letter of interest addressing all required and preferred qualifications;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Names of three current professional references with mail and email addresses, and phone numbers; and,
- Unofficial transcripts.
- For ABD candidates, letter from thesis advisor stating anticipated date of completion.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (e.g., Social Security Number) on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Dr. Karen Coale Tracey at (860) 832-1842 or email@example.com.
CCSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Members of all underrepresented groups, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are invited and encouraged to apply.