Telecommunications Service Request Form
for the T.S.R FormSend completed form to:
IT / Telecommunications Office
Barnard Hall Room 019
If you have questions, please call the Help Desk at 611.
- Station Information: All information in this section must be completed for accurate allocation of charges.
- Requester Name and Phone Number: Complete this section if person requesting service is different than station information (e.g., fax machine or modem).
- Directory Information: This information is required to maintain accurate University Directory Information. Please complete all information requested.
- Call Coverage: This feature determines where calls should be directed to when this extension is busy or is not answered and also the number of rings (2, 3 or 4) before the call is routed to the answer points. Note: extensions should have voice mail as the last point of coverage.
- Station Restriction: Choose the appropriate calling area allowed for this extension. This telephone will be restricted to calls placed within the area indicated.
- Authorization Code: An authorization code is required to complete long distance calls from a restricted telephone. Please indicate the calling area (see choices in item #5) that the authorization code should allow. An authorization code can only be used from a restricted telephone. Calls placed with an authorization code will appear on the call detail of the person associated with the authorization code; they will not appear on the call detail for the extension from where the call was placed.
- Set Requirement: Indicate in this section if a set is to be added, changed or removed. If upgrading, justification must be provided in Section 11. Set types are listed below and their associated costs: Click Here For a List of Set Types
- Location Information: This information is required for set/line relocations or installations. Please complete all applicable information. A DID number can be dialed from off campus (outside the CSU telephone system). A non-DID number can only be dialed from on campus (or another extension in the CSU telephone system). The type of number, DID or non-DID, does not affect outgoing call capability.
- Voice Mail: Indicate if a new mailbox, a change to an existing mailbox or removal of a mailbox is required. For new mailboxes, please add an "escape extension". An escape extension is the number the caller is transferred to from a voice mailbox to speak to a person (usually an area secretary or receptionist).
- Call Pickup: This information is required to add/delete member extensions to the pickup group or to add/delete complete pickup groups. A pickup group allows members to answer another member's extension from their own phone by dialing an access code (*7) or using a call pickup button if programmed.
- Additional Comments: Please use this space for justification when upgrading telephone equipment and/or additional explanation of services requested, if necessary.
- Requester signature is the person requesting the services to be performed.
- Department Head signature is the person who is authorizing the services to be performed.
- Telecom Services approval for use by Telecommunications Services Department only.