The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is a multiple-choice test that evaluates the following skills: math, science, reading, and English. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants. This test is now being used in nursing programs across the country. Previous versions of the test results will not be accepted.
CCSU is offering the TEAS test to students interested in applying to the Nursing major who:
- Have an active CCSU Banner student Id number
- Will have completed Chemistry 161/162 (or its equivalent) with a “C+” grade or better by the end of the fall semester
- Will have completed Biology 111, BMS 111, or BMS 102 (or its equivalent) with a “C” grade or better by the end of the fall semester
Here is some valuable information:
- The test will be offered multiple times between November 1st and February 1st. An applicant can take it no more than two times during this period
- The test will be administered in the ITBD building located at 185 Main Street, New Britain.
- An account must be created with ATI prior to registering for the test. (The link is listed at the bottom)
- Although the test will be conducted at the ITBD building, when registering for the test, please select “Central Connecticut State University” as the location.
- The cost is $65.00.
- Applicants must obtain an adjusted individual score of 65%. The adjusted individual total score will count as 25% of the total admission application to the Nursing major.
It is suggested that you obtain a study manual and take the online practice assessments prior to sitting for your exam. The TEAS study manual and online practice assessments are available through www.atitesting.com
**If you do not create an account with ATI Testing Website first. (the link is below)**
The dates available are:
Saturday, November 2, 2013 9am -1pm
Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6pm-10pm
Saturday, December 7, 2013 9am-1pm
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6pm-10pm
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6pm-10pm
Saturday, January 11, 2014 9am-1pm
****Test will be held in the ITBD building located at 185 Main Street, New Britain, CT. Please bring your CCSU student ID badge because you will need it to park your vehicles.****
To create an account, please visit the link below.
Please select Central Connecticut State University under the locations list. However, the test will be held in the ITBD building.