IT Self-Help: Locking a Mac
To set up the locking feature:
To use the locking feature:
- Click on the Apple menu, then click on System Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts icon.
- Select your account, then click on the Lock button to make changes. If prompted, enter your username and password.
- Click on Login Options.
- Click on Enable fast user switching to place a check next to it, then click on OK to the warning.
- Click on the Lock icon to save your changes.
- Close System Preferences.
- Click on your username, located in the upper-corner of the Menu bar.
- Click on Login Window.
- The Login Window will be displayed and the computer will be locked. Type your username and password to unlock the computer.