MANUFACTURING & CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT: ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR [#C14-020]
Central Connecticut State University’s Manufacturing & Construction Management Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor in the Bachelor of Science in Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering Technology (RMET) program beginning Fall 2014.
The successful candidate is expected to develop and teach a variety of Robotics and Mechatronics courses, independently develop and run associated hands-on laboratory exercises, mentor undergraduate and graduate student research at all levels in the program, participate in assessment activities for all of ETAC of ABET accredited program, actively engage in scholarly activity, and participate in service activities for the University, local community and professional organizations. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
- Ph.D. in Engineering or a closely related field by the date of appointment
- Relevant BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Two years of relevant full-time industrial experience in the related areas
- Teaching experience at the college level in a related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication; and presentation skills
- Demonstrated laboratory skills in mechanical and controls systems
- Experience developing and maintaining laboratories
- Commitment to serving a culturally and ethnically diverse student population
- Evidence of scholarly activity in the discipline
- Experience with SCADA, DCS, process control, fluid power, machine design , system engineering and mechanism of automation
- Teaching experience in ABET accredited engineering or engineering technology programs
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching and a commitment to constant improvement of teaching methods and skills
- Expertise and experience to teach a broad range of Robotics and Mechatronics engineering technology courses
- Demonstrated record of outstanding teaching, advising, service, and significant scholarly activities; and experience working with industry and both undergraduate and graduate students in applied research
- Record of successful externally funded research
- A Professional ISA license
The University: CCSU is one of four state universities with the Board of Regents for Higher Education Connecticut State Colleges & Universities. Excellent professors and a wide array of academic programs prepare students for success in whatever field they choose. CCSU’s motto is more than a slogan; it articulates the University’s commitment to students: “Start with a dream. Finish with a future.” The Princeton Review selected CCSU as one of "The Best Northeastern Colleges.” CCSU serves approximately 12,200 students - 9,500 undergraduates, and 2,700 graduates. CCSU is richly diverse: more than 20 percent of students are of traditional minority heritage. Visit our web site at http://www.ccsu.edu/.
The Community: CCSU is located in New Britain, a city of some 70,000, within a 10-minute drive to the state capital in Hartford. New Britain is home to the nationally recognized New Britain Museum of American Arts and offers a range of culture opportunities, including the New Britain Symphony Orchestra, the New Britain Rock Cats (Double A professional baseball), two theatres, and an extensive park system. The University is approximately 2 hours (by car) from both Boston and New York City.
Application & Appointment: For full consideration, applications must be received by December 10, 2013. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. To begin the application process, click on the Apply Now button and submit the following in a single file and in the order given below:
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Concise statements of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Names of three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
- Unofficial transcripts
- ABD candidates, include a letter from thesis advisor stating anticipated date of completion
For information, contact Dr. Ravindra Thamma, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Members of all underrepresented groups, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are invited and encouraged to apply.