Residence Hall Opening Information: Fall 2013
Freshmen Move In: Sunday, August 25, 2013
- Freshmen students living in Barrows and Vance Halls may move in between the hours of 8:00 am and 1:30 pm. Students living in all other residence halls may move in between the hours of 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
Returning & Transfer Student Move In: Tuesday August, 27, 2013
- Returning and Transfer students may move in between the hours of 10:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Please be aware that due to staffing issues an alternate move in time cannot be arranged.
When You Arrive On Campus
- Have your student ID. Check in with a Residence Life staff member.
- You will not be able to get into the front door of your residence hall without your student ID.
- In Barrows Hall, Beecher Hall, Seth North Hall, Sam May Hall, Sheridan Hall, and Gallaudet Hall your student ID is also the key to your room.
- If you live in a building with keys (e.g., Carroll Hall, James Hall, Vance Hall) the staff member will issue you your key.
- Prior to your arrival on campus a Residence Life made note of any damage in your room on a Room Condition Report (RCF), that you will review and sign at check in.
- If you see anything in your room that was not included on the Room Condition Report please tell a Residence Life Staff member immediately.
Please be aware that students may be held responsible for any damage at check out that was not reported on the Room Condition Report at check in.
- A list of items you may want to pack, along with items to leave at home can be found HERE
- Students moving on to campus for the first time for the Fall 2013 semester must submit their health records which shows proof of Meningitis vaccination to Health Services prior to moving in.
- The windows in all residence hall rooms have blinds.
- Micro Fridge rentals can be arranged by contacting New England Student Services at this link: http://www.nestudentservices.com/.
- Please note that renting a Micro Fridge unit is the only way a student may have a microwave in their room.
- Only one television and refrigerator is allowed per room, make sure you and your roommate discuss who will bring what.
- When purchasing sheets remember that all mattresses on campus are extra long twin.
- The meal plan will begin on Tuesday, August 27, 2013.
- The first day of classes is Wednesday, August 28, 2013.