Broadcast Messages & Listserv Policy
In order to better manage communication resources a broadcast messaging utility has been established and became effective June 06, 2003. This messaging utility will be available for use by designated University officials approved by the President. The broadcast messaging utility will allow Administrative Departments, Academic Departments, and Students to reach all CCSU email users with no provision for "opting out". Broadcast messages will be restricted to the following categories of information deemed important to the unit addressed:
- Campus Announcements - notices of importance to members of the University community (e.g., special announcements from the President; weather related cancellations, delays or closings; emergency notifications; information on major campus events and important bulletins).
- Facilities Management - notices concerning campus construction and other projects impacting daily operations.
- Information Technology Services - notices concerning University computer services.
- Personnel and Business Services - notices of essential personnel and business services matters (e.g., policies, payroll, purchasing, benefits).
- Public Safety - notices pertaining to parking, traffic, crime alerts, and campus safety issues.
- Academic Affairs and Registration - notices pertaining to registration, grade postings, transcript information.
- Student Affairs - notices of importance pertaining to students and student welfare.
For instructions on using the CCSU listserv, visit IT Self-Help: Campus Listservs.