VideoNet Bulletin Board Service Guidelines
- Messages can be accepted from the following sources:
If space becomes limited, priority will be given to messages in the following order:
- All administrative & academic departments within the University
- All University registered and University recognized student organizations
- All service departments provided on campus (i.e. Bookstore, Catering, Beverage/Snack Vendor)
- Commercial business advertisers as determined by the University Business and Development offices
- Business must not sell or market alcoholic products
- Business must not be recognized as a bar, club, or nightclub
- Business must not provide off campus housing
- Business must not provide services of any kind that conflicts with University established contracts for services (Bookstore, Catering, Beverage/Snack Vendor)
Messages will not be accepted from the following sources:
- Emergency messages at the direction of the Chancellor of CSU, the President of the University, members of the President's Executive Committee (XCOM) and the University Police Department.
- Facilities related announcements
- Messages from all other University administrative & academic departments
- Messages from registered student organizations
The station Operations Manager (Digital Media Production Coordinator), Media Technology Manager, and the Advertisement Coordinator reserve the right to (1) reject message, (2) alter broadcast times, and (3) edit messages for space limitations, content clarity, and aesthetics, in the interest of good broadcasting practices and taste, and in line with the policies of the Media Technology group and the University.
- Commercial businesses which:
- Sell or market alcoholic products
- Are recognized as a bar, club, or nightclub
- Provide services of any kind that conflicts with University established contracts for services (Bookstore, Catering, Beverage/Snack Vendor)
- Provide off campus housing
- Personal ads
- Political messages which endorse candidates
Messages will be accepted through receipt of a CCSU TV VideoNet Message Form* electronic submission via web form a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the air-date. Emergency messages at the direction of the Chancellor of CSU, the President of the University, Members of the President's Executive Committee (XCOM), and the University Police Department will be accepted by phone, fax or email at any time.
The VideoNet Bulletin Board service will operate twenty-four (24) hours a day when programming is not being broadcast. The bulletin board is updated weekly. In the event of an emergency announcement, daily updates will be provided. Date specific announcements will run within a reasonable timeframe relative to that event. Date specific announcements will not run for more than 14 days. General announcements will run on an indefinite basis, however will be subject to content review on a monthly basis. Announcements that are outdated and no longer serving the intended purpose will be pulled from the rotation at the discretion of the Operations Manager, Media Technology Manager and Advertisement Coordinator.
* In certain cases, submissions may be provided in a complete graphical format. Contact the Digital Media Production Coordinator for more information.