Welcome to the Student Technology Center
Also known as the Marcus White Computer Lab
A division of Instructional Technology
The Student Technology Center consists of 250 computers (mostly Dell PCs and a few Apple computers). The Student Technology Center offers default duplex B&W printing (single-sided printing is available; see STC staff for assistance), color laser printing, scanners, and a copier, as well as a wide variety of software to meet the computing needs for your coursework. The STC also has WiFi (wireless Internet) access for those students who prefer to use their own laptop computers.
When entering the Student Technology Center, all users must present a valid Cental Connecticut State University Blue Chip ID card. There are no exceptions.
There is one computerized classroom set up in the Center for faculty and training use. The PC classroom contains 30 student PCs and has a teaching station with projector and screen. Faculty members may reserve this room for classes a few times during the semester to show their students how to use software, research on the Internet, give exams, etc. Click here for instructions on how to reserve the room.
STC Special Hours Fri, May 10 - Mon, May 27
Monday-Friday: 8:30a - 4:30p
Closed Weekends and Memorial Day (May 27)
STC Summer Hours (beginning Tuesday, May 28)
Monday-Thursday: 7:30a - 10:00p
Friday: 7:30a - 4:30p
Saturday: 9:00a - 4:00p
FALL 2013 Student Employment in the STC
Applications are now being accepted for student employee positions in the STC for the Fall 2013 semester. Some computer knowledge and good communication and customer service skills are necessary. Interviews will take place in mid-July. Fill out the application below, save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the instructions on the top of the form.
STC Student Employee Application Form
We are now set up for wireless printing. This gives you the capability of printing to a printer in the STC using your Windows or Apple laptop (connected wirelessly to the CCSU campus network). Standard printing charges apply – costs are subtracted from print credit or Blue Chip money. For more information and to download the plug-in, visit: www.ccsu.edu/its/downloads. Wireless printing is also available in the Student Center and the Library.
The Student Tech4U Guide is now available as an e-Book for mobile devices and e-Book readers. Click on the link below to access it.
Student Tech4U Guide
Marcus White Student Technology Center Front Desk: (860)832-1722
|Regular Hours of Operation
|Mon - Thur
||7:30am - midnight
||Mon - Thur
||8:30am - 10:00pm
||7:30am - 6:00pm
||8:30am - 4:30pm
||9:00am - 6:00pm
||9:00am - 4:00pm
||1:00pm - 10:00pm
|Spring Break Hours
||Winter /August Hours
|Closed the 1st weekend of Spring Break.
||Closed weekends & holidays.
|Mon - Fri
||8:30am - 4:30pm
||Mon - Fri
||8:30am - 4:30pm
- To enter the Center, a valid CCSU ID must be presented at the front desk.
- All Center users must have a BlueNet Account before they will be allowed to use the computers.
- All Center users must adhere to the CSU Policy Statement on Student Use Of University Computer Systems and Networks.
- No food, drinks, smoking, bicycles, or animals (except seeing-eye dogs) are permitted.
- Except in special cases (with permission of a supervisor), facility users are not allowed to bring visitors/guests into the room with them. Visitors must wait in the lobby.
- Displaying of offending graphic images by way of Netscape, Internet Explorer or other software is not permitted. Displaying of such images is in violation of the CSU Policy on Student Use Of University Computer Systems and Networks.
- The playing of computer or internet games is not allowed.
- The installation of programs on the Center computers is not allowed, unless cleared by a supervisor.
- Although there is no dress code per se, shoes and shirts are required when using the facility.
- Office phones are reserved for facility usage only.
- Reference manuals can be borrowed from the front desk but must not leave the room. A valid Blue Chip ID card is required to borrow a manual and will be placed in the appropriate ID box until the manual is returned.
- Computers left idle for more than 30 minutes may be assigned to another user. (We will remove all personal belongings and save the users work before giving away the computer.)
- Groups may utilize computers as long as such use does not compromise the noise level and work environment of the individual users of the facility.
- Equipment and cables are to be moved by authorized personnel only.
- Center users may not attach personal hardware (with the exception of personal 'flash drives' for storage of information) to the computer network without permission from a supervisor.
- Center users are required to be out of the facility at closing time (or a few minutes before) so that the student employees can carry out closing procedures.
Student Tech4U Guide (NEW - now available as an e-Book for mobile devices and e-Book readers)
Accessing Your M: drive From Off-Campus
Wireless Printing in the Student Technology Center
Instructions for Faculty Reserving the PC Classroom in the Student Technology Center