Summer Housing Information for Current CCSU Students
The Department of Residence Life provides summer housing accomdinations for students who are taking summer classes, or are working a full time job in a campus office. Please note only students who are taking classes and/or working a full time job in a campus office will be approved to stay.
How To Apply
- Students intrested in summer housing should come to the Residence Life main office located in Barrows Hall RM 120 to pick up a Summer Housing Application. Applications will be available starting on Monday, April 22, 2013.
- Return the completed application to the Residence Life main office located in Barrows Hall RM 120. In order for application to be considered you must include a copy of your class schedule (if you are taking classes) or a letter from your supervisor stating that you will be working in their office full time along with the dates of your employment.
Summer Rates & Billing
- The summer housing rate for students staying on campus to take classes is $107.00 per week
- The summer housing rate for students working full time for an on campus office is $70.00 per week
- Once your application has been submitted a bill will appear on your account for the total number of weeks that you signed up for housing.
- For information about payment options please visit the Bursar's website HERE
Summer Housing Accommodations
- All current CCSU students living on campus for the summer will be housed in Gallaudet Hall.
- Please note that all students living on campus will be assiged a roommate.
- Gallaudet Hall facts:
- Air conditioned building.
- Each floor has both a lounge and kitchen for student use.
- Laundry facilities, a computer lab, and a game room are located on the ground floor.
- All beds are bunked, and cannot be unbunked.
- All residence hall policies are in effect for the entire duration a student is in housing during the summer. It is suggested that all students living on campus for the summer familiarize themselves with both the Restricted Items List list found HERE, and the Student Handbook found HERE.
Move in/Move Out Dates
- Students taking summer classes may move into Gallaudet Hall between 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm the day before the start of the their summer class.
- The summer session dates and move in times for 2013 are as follows:
||Move In Dates
|First Five Week Session: May 28 - June 28
||Monday, May 27, 2013
|Second Five Week Session: July 1 - August 2
||Sunday, June 30, 2013
|Eight Week Session: May 28 - July 22
||Monday, May 27, 2013
|Post Session: August 5 - August 23
||Sunday, August 4, 2013
- All students must vacate tehir room between 9:00 am and 11:00 am on the day after their session ends.
- Students living on campus for the Post Session will move to their Fall housing assignment on Monday, August 19, 2013 between the hours of 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm