Residence Halls will close at 8:00 pm on Thursday, May 9, 2013
In order to ensure a smooth departure from the residence halls, please take note of the following important information:
- Students with exams that end before Thursday, May 9th are allowed up to 12 hours after their last exam to depart.
- All students must vacate the halls by 8:00 pm Thursday, May 9, 2013. Any students who may have exams scheduled past 8:00 pm on Thursday, May 9, 2013 must see their AC/RD to obtain an extension through 10:00 am on Friday, May 10, 2013.
- When you have completed your exams, please show consideration for your neighbors who may still have to study. Students who are found in violation of residence hall quiet hours can and will be asked to vacate immediately.
Summer housing will be available for summer school students, co-op students and full time student workers. Summer housing applications can be found in the Residence Life Office, Barrows Hall Rm. 120. When turning in your housing application you must provide a copy of your class schedule (if taking classes) or a note from your supervisor stating that you are working full time for a campus office (if you are working on campus). Check-in times are listed on the application.
- All residents must make arrangements to check-out with a staff member and turn in their room key before leaving.
- Failure to turn in your key will result in a lost key bill being placed on your account.
James Hall (6 person suite) (Lock change cost) $195.00
James Hall (8 person suite) (Lock change cost) $210.00
All other Residence Halls (Lock change cost) $100.00
Students who forgot to return their key prior to moving out may return their key to the Residnece Life Office located in Barrows Hall RM 120 by 3:00 pm on Friday, May 17, 2013 to avoid a lost key bill being placed on their account.
- Staff members will be available to check resident students out between the hours of 10:00 am and 1:00 am from May 4 – May 9. Students who do not check out with a building staff member will forfeit their ability to appeal any room damage charges they may incur.
- Before checking out with a building staff member a resident should:
- Remove all personal belongings from their room.
- Clean the room including sweeping and picking up the room debris.
- Each building office has brooms, dust pans, and vacuums for resident use.
- Replace all furniture, screens, etc.that may have been moved during the semester.
- Complete the check out paper work with a staff member.
Room Condition & Damage Billing
- Damage billing is determined by the Area Coordinator/Resident Director of the building (not the RA or SRA who checks you out).
- The building’s Area Coordinator/Resident Director will inspect each room after the building closes on May 9, 2013 by comparing its check out condition to the check in condition listed on the Room Condition Form that every student filled out when moving in.
- Any damage discovered during the check out on May 9, 2013 that was not listed on the Room Condition Form at check in will result in a damage bill being assessed. Students will be notified if they received a damage bill via an email sent to their CCSU email account and MyHousing.
- Please note that if the person responsible for the damage discovered can not be determined, the cost of damage may be billed out to all students in a room, quad, suite, or floor.
- The notification email will also give instructions for how to appeal damage bills for your room/suite.
- Please note students can not appeal common area dammage (i.e., damage that occured in lounges, hallways, kitchens).
- The following are some common damage bills that are assesed each semester and their approximate costs
|Room cleaning, minimum charge
|Suite cleaning minimum charge
|Broken windows in Beecher, Carroll, or Sam May Halls
||$115.00 plus 1 hour labor
|Broken windows in Barrows, Gallaudet, James, or Sheridan Halls
||$125.00 plus 1 hour labor
|Broken windows in Vance Hall
||$200.00 plus 2 hours labor
||$45.00 and up
|Hallway light fixtures
||$80.00 and up
|Room light fixtures
||$150.00 and up
|Broken mirrors (e.g., 2’x2’)
|Ceiling tiles (cost per tile)
||$200.00 and up
|Repair desk, dresser, or other furniture
||$250.00 and up
- Please note that all costs are approximate due to differences in furniture from building to building, and the severity of the damgae discovered.
- Be sure to check your CCSU email account and MyHousing over the summer to receive important updates along with your housing assignment and roommate information for the Fall 2013 semester.
- If during the summer you decide you no longer wish to live on campus you must notify the Department of Residence Life by filling out a Housing Cancellation Form. Failure to complete a Housing Cancellation Form will result in room and board charges remaining on your account which you will be responsible for. The Housing Cancellation form can be found on HERE
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DUE DATE FOR THE BALANCE OF YOUR HOUSING FEES IS JULY 15, 2013. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR E-BILL SOME TIME ON OR AROUND JUNE 20TH. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PAYING YOUR FEES ON AN INSTALLMENT PLAN, PLEASE CONTACT THE BURSAR’S OFFICE AT (860) 832-2010
IF GRADUATING - CONGRATULATIONS! BEST OF LUCK!
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SUMMER!