Increase collaboration and partnerships between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs to promote student learning.
Reference to Previous Strategic Plans: ASP 04. 1.4
Provost & VPSA
Noel Levitz College Employee Satisfaction Survey – customize question: Percentage of faculty and staff who somewhat agree or completely agree that Academic Affairs and Student Affairs collaborate effectively and form partnerships to promote student learning.
Baseline: 41% (2008-09).
- Continue co-curricular activities in FYE courses.
- Continue to collaborate with faculty re: SUBOG’s Living Room Lecture program.
- Maintain faculty involvement with student organizations.
- Continue partnership between RECentral and Physical Education Department in sharing resources and collaborating on projects.
- Continue relationship between SA/LD, Student Center, Residence Life, SUBOG and academic faculty members in sharing resources and collaborating on projects.
- Continue efforts in training of faculty advisors for student organizations.
- Communicate a campus-wide commitment to the Sustainability Initiative to address critical campus environment issues.
- Continue collaboration between Student Affairs staff, faculty, and academic administrators to provide coordinated services to incoming freshmen and transfer students during academic advising days and orientation activities.
- Implement recommendations of Academic Advising Task Force.
- Strengthen relationships between Center for Advising and Career Exploration and academic schools and departments through such activities as career fairs and guest speakers.
- Expand and assess pilot living-learning communities that link classroom-based learning with residence hall experiences.
- Continue partnership between Student Affairs and Academic Affairs on community engagement initiatives.