Community Central is looking for faculty that wants to incorporate service learning and community outreach into their lesson plans. We want faculty to utilize the connections made by Community Central to give their students a more enriching and valuable learning experience. We know many of you already incorporate community engagement into your curriculum. Community Central will make your job easier by making the appropriate connection for you based on your plans.
Tell us more about the classes you teach and how you envision utilizing Community Central.
Here are a few examples of how you can work with Community Central
- Use Community Central space to bring a class downtown
- Give extra credit to students who volunteer through Community Central
- Tutoring and Mentoring programs
- Other volunteer opportunities
- Tie a class project to creating a program or event through Community Central
- Utilize our community connections by developing a project that aims to connect your students with an organization in New Britain
- And many more
Interested faculty members, please contact:
Hannah Hurwitz, Americorps VISTA
117 West main Street
New Britain, CT 06051