School of Business
Vance Academic Center, Room 438
The School of Business Tutoring Lab is here to assist students with their Accounting, Economics and Finance classes. All of our tutors are upper division students with demonstrated expertise in one or more of these subjects and can assist with:
- One-to-One tutoring
- Specialized Clinics
- Study Group Facilitation
- Support and Encouragement
Come in with your study group or do your homework independently with the assurance that there is somebody available to assist if you need help.
What tutors CAN do:
- Help with AC 210, 211, 212; FIN 295; and ECON 200 and 201
- Reinforce class concepts (Examples: Supply and Demand, Financial Statements, etc.)
- GENERAL QUESTIONS about homework. Come prepared with your book so we can find a similar problem to work on from the book.
- Go over in class assignments or assignments that are ALREADY GRADED.
- Assist you in making study plans.
What tutors CANNOT do:
- Help with most upper division classes (exceptions posted below). Please contact your course instructor if you are having difficulty in these classes.
- Help with online homework or take-home exams/quizzes.
- Specific questions from the homework.
- Crash reviews before exams! These types of classes are very different from the classes you took in high school. They require skills that are developed through practice and understanding.
Fall 2013 FINALS WEEK
The Tutoring Lab will be open during finals on a modified schedule (see below). BE SURE TO PLAN IN ADVANCE!
Don't Wait to Ask for Help
When you visit the Tutoring lab, please bring the following with you:
- Student ID (CCSU Bluechip Card)
- Your Text Book and Class Notes: We need to see what your professor went over in class.
- Positive Mental Attitude: Come focused and ready to learn.
- MON, December 9: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- TUE, December 10 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- WED, December 11: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Two Accounting tutors on duty from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
- THUR, December 12: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- FRI, December 13: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Two Accounting tutors on duty)
- MON, December 16: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Two Accounting tutors on duty from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
ECONOMICS 200 and 201:
- MON, December 9: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- TUE, December 10: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- WED, December 11: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- THUR, December 12: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- FRI, December 13: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- MON, December 16: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- MON, December 9: 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- TUE, December 10: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
For assistance with other subjects please contact The Learning Center.