Helen Bichum Trust Scholarship for Continuing Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Graduate Students
The Helen Bichum Trust Scholarship is designed to assist students with disabilities who are currently registered with, and have received ADA accommodation(s) from the Office of Student Disability Services. The Trust provides support to assist students with the cost of tuition, room and board, books, various adaptive technologies and additional educational expenses.
Amount of scholarship monies that I can receive?
Scholarships are awarded up to $1000 for the academic year.
- Documentation of disability on file with the Office of Student Disability Services.
- Continuing matriculated sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students attending CCSU.
- Students currently registered for a minimum of 6 credits.
- Student must complete the previous academic year, fall/spring semesters at CCSU.
- Overall grade point average must be 2.8 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation are required from current/former faculty, dean, or chairperson.
- A well written essay with a minimum of 200 words addressing your personal and academic experience at CCSU. Please prepare your essay using a computer and attach your application.
Office of Student Disability Services
Central Connecticut State University
Phone: 860-832-1952 or email: Disabilityservices@ccsu.edu
CCSU Office of Student Disability Services (SDS)
Click here to open/print the scholarship application (PDF)