PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM FOR TEACHER CERTIFICATION
The School of Education and Professional Studies may require teacher candidates to complete performance assessments in order to qualify for student teaching and to complete the professional program.
Teacher candidates must maintain good standing in the program in order to qualify for student teaching and for a recommendation from CCSU for state of Connecticut certification. In addition to maintaining good academic standing, teacher candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Positive professional attitudes, attributes, and dispositions that affect her or his performance as a teacher;
- Conduct that demonstrates professional behavior appropriate to the context;
- Conduct that demonstrates an understanding of the fact that one's actions reflect directly upon the status and substance of the profession;
- Confidentiality of all information concerning colleagues and students obtained in the educational process; and
- Integrity and honesty in written and verbal communication, documentation, and coursework related to the professional program for teacher certification.