AboutAcademicsAdmissionsAlumni and FriendsAthleticsCampus Life
Home >
Financial Aid > Financial Aid Policies and Procedures > Money for Books, Supplies and Off-Campus Living Expenses
page tools :

Money for Books, Supplies, and Off-Campus Living Expenses


The Financial Aid Office estimates your books/supplies and your room and board costs in an estimated cost of attendance. Many students have questions about how to obtain financial aid funds to purchase books, supplies, and pay off-campus living expeneses, such as rent, at the beginning of a semester.

Once your University bills are paid for tuition and fees, and campus-contracted housing if applicable, the Bursar Office will refund remaining financial aid to the student no earlier than the week after the end of the drop and add period to cover these costs.

You may obtain an advance to your Blue Chip card to help cover the costs of books prior to having your financial aid disbursed.  You can do this through the Bursar's Office.  Becasue financial aid is not disbursed prior to the beginning of classes you need to plan to pay for off-campus expenses on your own and be reimbursed by any pending financial aid.

Note for off-campus housing that the security deposit and first month's rent are typically due before the financial aid refund is available.

Many Central students choose to take a copy of their class schedule to local bookstores.  Bookstore employees should be able to help new students find most of their text books and supplies.

email page print page small type large type large type
powered by finalsite